200g chicken fillet (or breast)
10 pieces fresh shiitake mushrooms (cut into half)
8 thin slices ginger
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 shallots (minced)
Healthy cooking oil of your choice (olive oil is a healthier option)
For chicken marinade
Salt and pepper (to taste)
Tiny bit of sugar
Dash of oyster sauce
Tiny bit of corn flour
Few drops of sesame oil
Few drops of soy sauce
- Marinate chicken with the items listed in the marinade.
- Blanch shiitake mushrooms in hot water (place mushrooms in hot water, then drain).
- Fry ginger, garlic, and shallots in a tiny bit of oil until fragrant, pour in mushrooms and chicken and fry it for 30 seconds.
- Pour in 150ml of water and let simmer for 10 minutes until gravy has reduced and thickened.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
This delicious stir-fried chicken recipe is part of our Healthy Meals Under RM10 series. The Asian recipes in this series are contributed by Gina Poh, a caterer with more than 20 years of culinary experience.
What other easy chicken recipes do you have hidden away? Share the love in the comments below!
Gina Poh has been having a love affair with cooking for the past 25 years. She currently owns a small catering business, where she caters meals,drinks, and desserts to functions, parties, and meetings for up to 50 people. During her free time, she continues cooking and baking to the delight of many. You can find her delicious cooking here.