1 piece soft tofu
1 shallot (sliced thinly), optional
1 spring onion (chopped)
1 tsp soy sauce
Sesame oil (to taste)
- Bring water to boil.
- Once boiled, steam the soft tofu over the boiling water for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, fry sliced shallots in a bit of oil till crisp and golden brown (Optional, remove if you don’t want the excess oil)
- Remove tofu and pour away any excess water on the plate.
- Add soy sauce, and a few drops of sesame oil.
- Garnish with fried shallots and chopped spring onions.
- Serve the steamed tofu immediately.
This delicious recipe is part of our Healthy Meals Under RM10 series. The Asian recipes in this series are contributed by Gina Poh, a caterer with more than 20 years of culinary experience.
How would you pimp up this simple tofu recipe? Share with us in the comments below!
Gina Poh has been having a love affair with cooking for the past 25 years. She currently owns a small catering business, where she caters meals,drinks, and desserts to functions, parties, and meetings for up to 50 people. During her free time, she continues cooking and baking to the delight of many. You can find her delicious cooking here.