For the chicken
2 chicken breast pieces
Pinch of herbs (fresh or dry. we like fresh thyme and rosemary with chicken)
Pinch of salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic (minced)
For the roast veggies
2 red onions (quartered)
Half small pumpkin (skinned and cubed)
2 carrots (cubed)
2 tomatoes (quartered)
1 garlic bulb (split into cloves, with skin-on)
Herbs of your choice
Healthy cooking oil of your choice (olive oil is a healthier option)
- Preheat oven to 200° C, and line an oven-proof dish with aluminium foil (this saves you from having to scrub the dish later on).
- Pop in all the vegetables onto the dish and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Sprinkle herbs over the vegetables and toss to coat.
- Rub in the herbs and garlic onto the chicken, as well as a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place chicken breast pieces in the middle of the dish and arrange veggies evenly around it.
- Cover dish with aluminium foil and fold back one side for heat circulation.
- Bake in oven for about 40 to 45 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Remove cover carefully so as not to burn yourself with the hot steam.
Top tip: If your chicken is cooked, the juices should run clear. Check out other food safety tips here.
Top tip #2: If you don’t have an oven, you can easily do this over a frying pan. Stir fry all the vegetables over medium heat with a bit of olive oil till they soften. Fry up the chicken breast on a pan till cooked (just slice through and check).
Check out more cheap and healthy meals in our Healthy Meals Under RM10 series. This baked chicken breast recipe was adapted from Allrecipes.com’s Emily’s Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables.