120g wholegrain penne pasta (or any other short wholegrain pasta of your choice)
250g minced chicken breast
1 large onion (diced)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp chili powder
2 tomatoes (diced, with seeds intact)
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/4 cup plain non-fat yogurt
Pinch of salt
Healthy cooking oil of your choice (olive oil is a healthier option)
- Bring water to boil and salt the water, add in wholegrain pasta and cook till al-dente.
- In a pan, over medium heat, fry the minced chicken with onions and all the spices until fully cooked.
- Add in tomatoes and tomato puree, a pinch of salt and a 1/4 cup of water and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in yogurt and stir to incorporate, then let simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the drained cooked pasta, and toss in the meat sauce.
Check out more cheap and healthy meals in our Healthy Meals Under RM10 series. This wholegrain taco recipe was adapted from The Talking Kitchen’s Taco Pasta.