Anyone who’s lost a ton of weight, be it through sensible eating or frequent exercising would have struggled in the final battle — trying to lose the last few inches. Sure, you look a lot better than you did before, and your face positively glows thanks to your new healthy lifestyle, but there’s still that tiny muffin top that sits above your jeans that you aren’t very happy with. Or perhaps you’ve just given birth and have worked yourself back to pre-baby weight but just can’t seem to be rid of that little pregnant pooch.
When Vanquish came into the market last year, doctors got really excited about the treatment, and for good reason.
It’s a new technology that doesn’t require surgery to eliminate fat. Instead, it uses radio frequency (RF) technology to destroy the much-hated cells. The treatment sessions are short, and you don’t need any time off work after. Sounds too good to be true? Let’s take a more in-depth look into how this new fat removal therapy works.
How Vanquish Works
Vanquish heats the fat in the abdomen without harming the skin or surrounding muscle tissues. This is done through Selective RF waves which heat your undesired abdominal fat cells to a temperature that destroys them without harming your muscle tissues or skin cells. After the fat cells have died, your body will naturally eliminate them.
Unlike liposuction or gastric bypass surgery, Vanquish can help eliminate fat with no “side effects” and require no anesthesia as you won’t be feeling any pain or discomfort. What happens is you will be positioned comfortably and the device will be placed over the targeted area and put to work. You will feel mild to moderate heat, but can comfortably read a magazine or even take a nap.
Each Vanquish session takes about 30 minutes and you can go right back to your daily activities. Doctors usually recommend up to eight 30-min treatments to get the best results. Two treatments can be performed in a single day, done once a week. Thus it takes a month to complete all 8 treatment sessions. Since Vanquish is non-invasive, there is virtually no likelihood of an infection or any associated downtime.
There are some negligible side effects that come along with the treatment, which may include redness of one’s skin and a slight warm sensation at the treatment site. However, once the session is completed, there will be no pain or discomfort anymore.
Does Vanquish Work?
Vanquish has been proven in clinical studies to decrease belly fat by two or more inches. The RF treatments are able to shrink unwanted stomach fat by eliminating up to 59% of the targeted fat cells.
Vanquish is significantly more superior than other non-invasive fat reduction methods, is less costly and also has significantly less side effects than other procedures. Vanquish is able to remove more fat per session in comparison with other non-invasive fat reduction techniques.
This revolutionary technology was first introduced in the US in 2013. Since then, it has been widely used worldwide including in Malaysia. As of the time of writing, there are three aesthetic clinics locally which has this machine.
Is Vanquish Right for Me?
Vanquish is for both males and females who are having trouble shedding those last few inches of fat over their stomach.
As of now, Vanquish can only target adipose tissue over the tummy, love handles, and the back. However, the Vanquish people are also looking to launch a new handpiece by the end of 2014 which can treat the arms and thighs.
The Vanquish Fat Removal Advantage
- Vanquish treatments cover larger areas of the body in half the time of other machines such as cryolipolysis technology where a machine is used to freeze your fat cells.
- The Vanquish handpiece does not come in contact with your skin at all and is non-invasive in contrast to other fat reduction procedures. There is no cutting, scarring, bleeding, swelling or bruising involved.
- Vanquish treatments take only 30 minutes and do not need any limitation or restrictions before or following the procedure.
- Vanquish is less costly than other non-invasive procedures.
How to Get the Best Results from Your Vanquish Treatments
- Hydration is the key factor for the best Vanquish results. Drinks lots of water before and after the procedure. By increasing your fluid intake, you will hydrate your fat cells more, making it easier to be targeted by the Radiofrequency waves.
- Gentle exercise after a Vanquish treatment can help eliminate the fat.
- By controlling your food intake and doing regular exercise, you may have excellent long term results.
Vanquish Fat Reduction FAQs
- How much does it cost?
Appoximately RM1500 to RM2000 per session. Each clinic has got their own pricing plans and packages.
- Specifically how many treatments are required ?
Typically up to 8 treatments of half an hour each, performed once a week. It depends on your body type along with what your doctor advises.
- How much time is each treatment ?
Half an hour.
- Does it hurt ?
No, the device doesn’t touch your skin. Vanquish patients report a “warm” feeling.
- So how exactly does it work ?
Vanquish uses RF waves that target unwanted fats cells and destroys them.
- Can it hurt or damage the skin or muscle tissues ?
No, it only eliminates the fat cells. It doesn’t affect the surrounding tissue.
- Who are the ideal candidates for Vanquish ?
Males and females who wish to shed 2-4 inches at their waist.
- When will I obtain results ?
The will be some slight results even after one or two sessions. Most patients report the best outcomes within 2 to 3 months after the last session.
While Vanquish is a great way to delete off the last few inches of fat around your waist, a healthy lifestyle is still the most important in maintaining a healthy weight in the long run. Nothing beats good eating habits and regular exercising.
Have a question on Vanquish? Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook page!