3 large ripe bananas, frozen
Raw honey or coconut palm nectar as sweetener (optional)
Top tip: Other frozen fruits like ripe sweet mango is also great.
- Freeze the fruit slices until frozen.
- Process the frozen fruit slices through the homogenizing attachment of a slow juicer (note: if you don’t have a slow juicer, use a blender to blend the frozen fruits until they are broken down and resemble ice cream. However, be careful not to over blend as you might end up with a fruit smoothie)
- Process again if the fruit ice-cream texture is not smooth enough.
- Remove processed raw ice cream and place into a bowl.
- Drizzle with the optional sweetener if you like.
- Add any desired toppings (like raw cacao nibs), and enjoy your guilt-free ice cream!
This delicious recipe is part of our raw food diet series, contributed by raw food enthusiast Hui Min, who has spent considerable time training with raw food experts locally and abroad. To learn more about the raw food diet, see 15 Questions about the Popular Raw Food Diet, Answered.
What other fruit do you think would make a great ice cream? Tell us in the comments below!