Almost all smokers know that smoking is bad for them. But these anti-smoking ads are creative and actually drive the point home and make an impact. Take an oath to stop smoking on World No Tobacco Day 2014, happening May 31st this year.
You’ve probably thought about quitting at least a dozen times. The cost keeps rising, and people keep telling you to stop. You’ve probably tried going cold turkey, or have even succeeded in not smoking for a month. But you’re here because you went back to the cigarettes. And you really need some motivation to cut it from your life again.
We know you’re trying to quit. And you’re not alone. The National Health Morbidity Survey 2008 shows that 71.1% of Malaysians had intentions to quit in the coming 6 months. Some try. Some succeed. Some backslide.
As World No Tobacco Day is coming up in a couple of days on May 31st, we hope the compilation of anti-smoking ads below helps you get your priorities straight, and strengthen your resolve to quit.
1. This anti-smoking ad by Russian firm News Outdoor Group
2. You smoke. We smoke.
3. 53,000 non-smokers die every year from secondhand smoke
4. Smokers make poor swimmers
5. Smoking. Pleasure for you. Poison for your family.
6. Allow extra time to put on your legs
7. Are you a smoker? This is the amount of tar in your lungs after 2 years.
8. Suicide / Homicide
9. Secondhand smoking is murder, why consent?
10. Bug spray vs cigarette
11. The coffin is a designated smokers area
12. Smoking reduces weight (one lung at a time)
13. Kill a cigarette and save a life
14. Burying the smokers
15. Social farter vs Social smoker
16. It’s called suicide because it’s your choice
17. Smoking strangles your life
18. Smoking damages the tissues in your penis
19. For more information on lung cancer, keep smoking
20. Smoking leads you to the hospital bed
21. Women who smoke feed more than just milk to their children
22. Downloading Cancer
What do you think of these ads? Did they hit a nerve? Let us know in the comments below or on our Facebook page.