Tone up your whole body with the help of your trusty towel! You will be sweating buckets and a step closer to a toned bod in no time.
The towel. The most underestimated workout tool that all of us have in our closet. Usually you use it to wipe off your sweat and to dry yourself after a bath. Now you can use those towels to get some sweat out. Who says you need fancy shmancy equipment to get a good workout? Grab some towels and let’s begin!
- With your feet shoulder width apart and, under your left foot put a small towel. Stand straight with your hands on your hips and a tight core.
- Bend your right knee, push your hips back into a squat then slide your left foot out to the side. Keep your left leg straight as you bend down.
- Hold position for a few seconds then slide the foot back to the starting position.
- You can repeat for 12-15 reps on the starting leg then switch legs. Try to perform 2-3 sets.
- Place 2 small towels under each foot and get into a plank position.
- Then like the traditional mountain climber, slide one foot to your chest alternately. Keep your foot grounded as you slide front and back.
- Go slow then slowly build up the momentum. Make sure you maintain a good form throughout the move.
- With elbows bent at 90 degrees, hands shoulder width apart, hold a medium size towel at your chest level. Pulling the towel tightly.
- Then slowly, push your left arm straight and pull your right arm back like you are trying to pull the towel apart. Keep your shoulders down and don’t move your hips as you move your arms.
- Hold for two seconds, then slowly push and pull to switch hands.
- Do this see-saw motion for 12 to 15 reps each side. Try to perform 2 to 3 sets.
- Sit upright with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, while arms straight holding your towel taut over your head.
- With tight abs, tilt your body back as you scoop the towel down to right side of your body. Imagine you’re tracing a circle from back to front.
- Sit your body upright as towel reaches over your head (that’s one rep), then immediately repeat the same steps to left side. Try to do 20 alternating circles.
- Place a towel under your foot and get into a plank position.
- Keep your abs tight, back straight and without moving your arms, use your abs to drag the towel in toward your hips, bending your knees. Hold for one breath then slowly straighten legs back to a plank position.
- If it’s too tough for you, try resting your knees on the towel instead. Try your best to do 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Lie face down, with your legs hip-width apart, arms extended shoulder-width apart and with a folded towel under your hands.
- Bend your arms as you slide the towel to your body while lifting your chest up. Try to extend your spine as high as possible by lifting your chest with your arms bend.
- Make sure to tuck your chin to your chest to avoid straining your neck. Slowly lift up to 3 sets of 15 reps each.