Adults need to get their vaccinations too, in order to continue protecting their bodies from diseases.
When we were younger, we were given vaccinations in school. Most of us probably think that vaccinations are behind us now that we had taken all the shots back in our school days. That’s not exactly true. Adults need a new set of vaccinations too and here are few reasons why:
- You might have missed out on some vaccinations when you were younger because certain vaccinations have not been introduced yet back then.
- Your body’s immunity will fade over time.
- Depending on your profession, you might be at risk of contact with certain infectious diseases.
- You are more vulnerable to serious diseases caused by common infections like the flu.
We have listed out the mandatory vaccinations that adults need to get according to age group. However, if you have a certain medical condition, it is best to consult your doctor before taking any vaccinations.
Adult Vaccination Schedule
Vaccinations for pregnant women
Vaccinations for travellers (Optional)
- Japanese Encephalitis (JE)
- Yellow fever- all travellers travelling to or from yellow-fever endemic countries
- Meningococcal (tetravalent)- all Umrah and Haj pilgrims
- Lyme disease
- Tick-borne encephalitis
The contents in this article are for general information only. In no way should the information here substitute the advice of a certified medical professional. Always consult your doctor if you have concerns regarding your health.