Living a healthy lifestyle is not easy. We know. We’ve been there ourselves. In fact, it’s a constant struggle choosing between instant gratification (CAKE!!!) or something that’s good for you in the long run (like a long run). Some days, it can be incredibly difficult to just lift your butt off the couch and go for a jog at the park. Other days, you might just feel like throwing in the towel and over-binge on an extra large bowl of curry laksa (with fried wontons on the side).
But those days just mean you’re human. And you should embrace that, and try again. Here are some super-motivating healthy living quotes to get you back (or keep you) on track:
For when you feel like dying on the treadmill (or any other exercise):
1. Don’t fear the sweat
2. Embrace the pain
3. The power is in your hands
4. Egg yourself on, just keep going.
5. As long as you’re moving, you’re doing something good for your body.
6. You can do it, your brain just thinks you can’t. Ignore that weakling.
7. Get to your goal
For those lazy days when the couch feels so comfy and you just don’t want to get out and move:
8. Make the better choice
9. Your excuses aren’t leading you anywhere near healthy
10. Nothing beats being sore from working out
11. Just go get something done!
12. Don’t let your previous efforts go to waste
13. If CEOs can make time for exercise, you can
14. Stop blaming the weather, the haze, your job. YOU make it possible
15. Being fit doesn’t have to be on your wish list if you’re already on your way towards it
16. If you skip today, what makes you think you won’t skip tomorrow? Don’t let that happen
17. They don’t come to those who wait on their couch
18. Just keep going
19. If the you before made time to work out, why can’t the you now do the same?
20. It’s all in your mind
For when you are about to dig into that huge bag of keropok lekor:
21. You can’t outrun your fork
22. Think big picture
23. Yup, those jeans, you can wear
24. You might not remember all the crap you consumed, but your body does
25. Don’t make food your anti-boredom solution
26. No point going on strict diets if the rest of the time you’re chowing down on greasy nasi lemak
27. Crappy food doesn’t just cause you to be fat, it leads to truckloads of other diseases too
28. Eat healthy, live long (and active)
29. Load up on fresh fruits and veggies, and throw out the over-processed foods
30. Remember: Fresh > Processed
Bonus: For when you need to strut forth and be fabulous: